Monday, December 29, 2003

Wow, I forgot I still had to update this thing with all the shit that has been going on. Well, let's start by saying that me and Felicia talked about the issues posted on my last entry and we came to the conclusion that we love each other and when emotions run high due to daily stress or what not we should take a step back and analyze everything before we say (or post) things we will later regret. We hardly every argue or fight so I don't want this to become a habit. Everything is beyond good now and I plan to keep it that way.

Ok, moving right along to Xmas. It was cool. We had to rush right before Xmas to finish our shopping. We were actually late arriving at my mom's house because at 8 pm we were still wrapping gifts. When we arrived though there was nobody there yet. LOL. But later everybody arrived. I was sooooo glad that Shirley and Johnny (Felicia's mom and stepfather) showed up. They are the coolest. Johnny was tearing up the baked ham and the fixin's. LOL. The food was excellent and everything went great (I will post a list of gifts at the bottom). The following day we were supposed to go to her dad's Xmas breakfast reunion thing but we missed it cuz I was sooooo hung over (beer and tequila... YAY!) I was not able to be there in time. We made it in the afternoon though and we were there for a few hours. Then we jetted over to her mom's for the Xmas dinner. It was cool. Throughout the whole day though, Sharmeen and her three spawns were yelling, jumping, screaming, crying and annoying everybody in general. By the end of the day I was ready to smack one of those kids.... LOL. The baby loves them though and they love her too. I can tell she has a blast when she's around them but I am afraid Michael is a little too rough for her sometimes. Saturday and Sunday we just relaxed and didn't do much. We enjoyed our gifts and spent time alone in the house.

Many things happened that I am sure I'm forgetting so if I remember later I will post them. I had off from work from Wed the 24th until Sun the 28th. This week I have off from Wed the 31st until Sun the 4th!!! ISN'T BEING LAZY THE BEST?????!!!! Also, today, Steve Kaay, our VP of operations told us we would receive a bonus according to our seniority. I've been here about 6 months so I only got $350. Not bad... We would have gotten $1000 but according to him and Cliff, the owner of the company, we didn't meet our company sales goal for this year so we don't get $1000 (as if we could prove that we had met the goal even if we had). But, I am just glad I have my $350, well probably like $300 after taxes... but a much needed $300.

So, after the holidays me and Felicia (as well as my mom and my brother I hear) are flat broke. We have like less than $20 in our bank account. This sucks.... LOL.... but it was a lot of fun. We still have no plans for new years but I don't think I'd be able to hang out with my family because they usually go out to some bar or club and I can't cuz of little Fabianna and Felicia being 8 months pregnant (or so). But I don't mind, I don't mind spending it with my family. I love them very much. Well, I think that's pretty much it for now. Following is a list of gifts we received (or at least what I can remember):

Fabianna:

  • A push toy with big plastic shapes

  • A big ball that plays a bunch of nursery rhyme songs

  • A baby doll with attachments

  • A bucket with huge Lego-like blocks

  • A plastic tricycle

  • and other things....but I forget


Felicia:

  • 2 $50 gift certificates to Carolina Place Mall

  • A $75 gift card to JC Penney

  • A box of gourmet chocolates (and they are the best I've had in a while

  • An electronic organizer (kinda like a cheaper version of a palmpilot)

  • A set of towels (actually, they gave that to the both of us)

  • and other things.... but again, I forget.


Javier (me!):

  • A surround sound system

  • A DVD/VCR combo player

  • A seat cover massager thingy

  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell for the PS2

  • A pair of leather gloves

  • A $75 gift card to JC Penney

  • and other stuff...


We also made it an effort to give every single person something... Including the people like Sharmeen and Phyl who just refuse to buy anything for anyone but gleefully open their shit... LOL!!. All in all, it was a great Xmas well spent with family members on both sides of our family. I hope New Year's is as cool.


No comments: