Friday, January 23, 2004

So, late news, but still weird... On Wednesday, Takesha sent me an email from her job which simply asked if I had heard about Ryan. Ryan is the guy who got fired from work a few weeks ago and told Brian, the supervisor who fired him, that he was gonna kick his ass... hehe... don't we all wish we had the balls to do that? Anyway, I replied and said no and she told me that he had commited suicide. I was like... WOW! So I asked Craig and Khali if they'd heard anything and they said they heard the same thing. I immediately went online to and to this day I have not been able to find anything on the obituaries or the news. So, maybe it wasn't true and just some dumb rumor... but you never know. Suicide... wow... great topic for jokes and shockvalue humor... but I have never believed in it... or maybe I have always been too much of a pusy to ever really want to. When I was a teenager though I did almost try once... with a knife... it was something dumb and now I can't even remember why I tried to do it. But I am afraid of death so I pussied out... I guess I wasn't the only one... I know of a lot of people who tried in their teens. But now I am glad I never, ever thought of it again... I love life too much now that I have wife and kids to have died at 14... lol.

For the past two to three weeks the mailboxes at our apartment complex have been fucked up. Apparently some hoodlums broke them and we have to broke it just for the hell of it. Not that the fucking things were ever maintained... or the rest of the fucking apartment complex for that matter. This place is really bad, the maintenance is horrible and the place is in deplorable state. We have to go to the office to get out mail and it's been weeks... you'd figure they'd have it fixed by now... but NOOOOOOOOOOO.... apparently that is too much good customer service for this place. I won't complaint though... I want to move out ASAP. I have even though of breaking the lease but we have to go through the lease again to see how much that's gonna cost us. Below you will find a pic of the sorry state our mailboxes have been for the past three weeks.



[the pic is kinda fuzzy cuz I took at night and I had to fix it on my computer]


You can see how bad our place is by all the reviews other people have written about this, and other complexes... but especially ours, they have all bad reviews.... check it out at Apartment Ratings

Now, for my quest of the week... Back in the early 90's, I would say somewhere between 1990 and 1992, I was living in Brownsville, Texas and the dollar store was a concept only known to us through local, cheesy, low quality, chinese owned stores in downtown Brownsville (we referred to the as "Las tiendas de los Chinitos"). Anyway, around that time, the first actual dollar store I had ever seen in my life was established and my mom, being the avid shopper she is, made it a habit to shop there regularly. One time I noticed they were selling casette tapes for $1. As you might expect, the bands were total unknowns and the music wasn't much to write home about. But at that time I was trying to fit in with the cool kids and didn't know any better so I bought a bunch of them. If you ask me now, I couldn't remember any of the tapes I bought... but they were all shit. Well, none except for one... and not the album itself... just one song. The album was called Righteous Heavy Metal... now get this, it was a pure Christian Heavy Metal compilation album... I didn't even know they had Christian metal bands! I knew of Christian rock... but Christian metal??? There's an oxymoron for you. Anyway, as some of you know, I collect music... mostly vinyl and Cd's... I will take tapes but only for certain bands or songs... anyway, for this I will take a fucking 8-track though. I don't know when or where but I lost the tape and suddently over 10 years later.. I MUST HAVE IT! If only for that one song (since I could not even begin to mention any other songs in the album). The song is called Looney Tune by One Bad Pig and it was very short and punkish... it was obviously a cover of the Looney Tunes theme song. I have searched everywhere on the internet and some local music stores and cannot find it. I have emailed the band but they have not responded. So, if anyone out there has any information on how to get the album I would be your bestest best friend forever... a picture of the album cover is below.


[this is the vinyl cover, I had the tape. But any will do.]


Also, notice how the lettering is a direct rip off of the original Headbanger's Ball logo.



But I am willing to overlook this blasphemy becuase I really, really, really want this freaking album! LOL. Again, anyone with any info... should give it to me out of the kindess of their hearts... lol.

I finally finished my application for the court interpretor certification that I will mail tomorrow. The fucking thing was due by January 30 so hopefully they will still have room for me to become certififed. I had to write a little essay explaining my goals in the court system interpretation field and a little about myself... I wish I could have just wrote in big red crayon "CUZ MY FAMILY IS STARVING AND MY CURRENT JOB DOESN'T PAY SHIT!". Anyway, here's what I wrote:

I have resided in a border town that lies between the United States and
Mexico through the majority of my life. I have been exposed and integrated
both languages and cultures since infancy and have now learned to appreciate
and adopt both as my own. I have attended higher education institutions in
both countries and am fully capable to efficiently and accurately interpret
both languages. I have set a goal to become and efficient and reliable tool
for others who do not posses the skills I do providing them with a better
opportunity to champion the obstacles presented to them. I believe
interpreting for the Spanish speaking population in a court of law will
fulfill said goal.


What do you think? If you have any comments email me.

Well, I really hope I can get certified and start making some money with this cuz GSC just isn't cutting it anymore. This is part time and GSC will still be my full time but I really need the money.

Felicia has been feeling pain due to the pregnancy which means she is almost ready to have the baby. I don't think the baby will come out in February 16 like the doctors said. I think the baby will be here much, much earlier than that. I am so excited. I think we have decided to go with Larissa Mariana. Marian is Felicia's middle name so is only fitting. I like it.. .but I also liked Phoebe... she didn't... LOL.

Well, I guess that's it... I will continue drinking my wine and chatting with my friend Nichelle until I get sleepy... Good night/.

Earthlink's pop up blocker is good but somethimes it gets annoying cuz it blocks things that are not pop ups like the spell check. So, I didn't spell check and sorry for the spelling horrors...

No comments: