Thursday, January 29, 2004

At work, we get the freakiest, brain dead motherfuckers in the world! I though Time Warner had the most idiotic caller in the world. But now I realized that those customers were just arrogant and demanding... I mean, shit, they're paying for a service, they want to get it... understandable. But the people who call here are supposed to report their concerns. Now this time, the caller from Entergy was not the problem. She was cool and level headed. But she was reporting a customer who had become gradually threatening and erratic over the phone with the customer service reps. In December of last year, the customer told the csr's that her son's father was Michael Jackson... yes, THE Michael Jackson! and The King of Pop had not been paying child support to her for the past few months so she was not able to pay the amount her power was disconnected for. LOL! As the weeks went by the customer got more and more erratic and her perception of reality became more diluted. By January, the obviously heavily sedated or completely psychologically shattered woman was claiming that she had possession of lethal injections and demanded her power be turned back on. She also told several people today that she was the only female member of Al Qaeda!!!...... ummm.... o..........k............................. [does anyone have a straitjacket handy?!] Anyway, sometimes it amazes me how the human mind can be bent and twisted so out of reality that the mere presence of such individual causes shock and amazement to the rest of us who consider ourselves normal (and please, anyone who starts a whole fucking pseudo-intellectual dispute about what's normal or not will get socked in the fucking mouth! SPARE ME, OK?). I have dealt with my share of looney bin prospects in my days with Time Warner and even a few here with GCS. Maybe I should compile a whole post of the best of the worst human kind has to offer. LOL.

Well, I still have not been able (been able, yeah right buddy... can we say procrastination?) to mail my translator certification application to Raleigh. Tomorrow is the deadline because if they don't get it post dated by the 30th of January they will not let me in the seminar. So, being the loyal wifey that Felicia is and me the gutless parasite I've become with her (ouch! even that one was harsh for me), I asked her to mail the stuff for me because I forgot it on my way out of the door this morning on my way to work. I haven't talked to her since like 4 pm so I don't know if she did or not. I am really exited about this. This is something I really want to do and I hope I get to pass the class and the seminar so I can start translating for my fellow DWI'ers.

For the past two days the Bean has refused to gone to sleep. She is running up and down the living room and fussing until 2 am. She has made me loose my cool on several occasion and I even yelled at her... she looked at me and pouted her little lips and began crying... I almost began crying with her out of desperation and guilt. Being a parent has been the most difficult, psychologically demanding and emotionally draining stage in my life... but curiously, it has also been the most unimaginably rewarding thing I have ever done. mmhhh... go figure.

I was going to write about something else... but someone kept me at work til after nine with some crappy ass confusion and I planned to finish typing my blog when I got home. Well, now I am home... it's 11:22 pm and I forgot... so I guess that's all.

No comments: