Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Yesterday I continued to have my mini panic attacks mostly for the rest of the day. I counted about 5 or 6. That sucked. Everybody is telling me to go see the doctor but I really don't want to bother. I'll see if they continue. I had one so far today, I got it as soon as I sat in my office at work. I don't know what they are. But somehow, they don't really have me worried.

Oh shit! Let me tell you about this call I got yesterday at work. As you might know (or not), I work for an ethics and compliance corporation. What we do, in a nutshell, we have a bunch of clients, from the biggest and baddest corporations such as Target, Home Depot, Starbuck's and many others all the way down to your local or regional places. Anyway, we get all the bitchy, over sensitive, always-insulted-by-the-minor-of-comments employees to make petty complaints such as "my manager didn't say Hi to me this morning, that's discrimination" and "I was wrongfully terminated for missing 10 days in a row without calling in or submitting a doctor's note" to the truly ethical calls from responsible employees informing us of fraud, theft, sexual harassment and shit like that. Well, what we do is we listen to their complaint or petty tirade and we make a report out of it. We then forward that information to the company's corporate headquarter's and they conduct an investigation. Then the info is relayed back to us so we can deal with the caller. Simple enough huh? LOL...anyway, with that out of the way, let me tell you about my call yesterday.

Between 6 and 8 pm, I can't remember the exact time, I get a call from Progressive Insurance. It was this chick and she tells me she's going to ask me something but I had to promise not to hang up. I say ok and she goes, "Are you gay?" I tell her I'm not..then she asked me if I have a wife and kids and I say yes...then she was going to ask me something else but she hung up...I guess she didn't like someone playing along with her on the phone instead of hanging up on her or cussing her out. So, a few seconds later I get the call again. When I answer the phone I obviously have to say my name. So I guess she realized it was the same person and she froze for a second. So I say, "yes, ma'm, can I help you? I'm the same person you just hung up on." Now, you'd figure any person in their right mind would hang up right? Guess what this little cuntrag told me!!! The bitch goes, "Well, the reason I asked you about your family and wife is because I have them right here with me and if you don't give me $5000 I will kill them both" So, I said, "Sorry, I can't help you with that, is there anything else I can help you with?" she says, "No, I hate you" and hung up.

So, I of course, didn't believe her for a second, but situation such as these I have to report to the management due to the nature of our business. So, Kendall, my QA tells me to immediately call my wife and make sure she's ok. Well, I had to call my mom's house cuz I knew Felicia would be there dropping the baby off. The baby was there, but Felicia was at work. So, when I was telling Kendall, Megan, one of my co-workers, overhears me and tells me she received a similar call from Progressive asking similar question about sexual favors and asking for ransom. Megan said several other employees received the call too. The caller said she was in Ontario, Canada...but who knows. Hahaha....

Today, I came in and I was told that Todd, another employee, got the call today. Since by know we were all aware of the situation through emails and shit, Todd told the girl if she was aware what she was doing was a federal offense and she could go to jail for it. The girl said no. Todd said, Hold one second while I trace your call. HAHAHAHAHAHA. The girl hung up...she hasn't called back since. That shit was sooo funny. There really are some crazy motherfuckers out there. They have nothing to do but bother people. I mean, how pathetic is your existence if your only and most exhilarating pleasure is to make prank calls. Not to mention, you're not making your funny, innocent, run of the mill telephone prank call. You are threatening people to kill their families and shit. That's some hardcore psychological deviation right there...lol. But oh well, I guess it does take diff'rent strokes to move the world (wachu talkin' 'bout, Willis?). The day is pretty early, we'll see what else develops.


No comments: