Sunday, September 14, 2003

A couple of weeks ago I was (legally) downloading some music (all female Brazilian punk rock to be exact, hehe) and I came across this band called The Bellrays. No, The Bellrays are not Brazilian, they're not all female (except for the singer who is a female), and they're not punk rock. This band takes sounds from MC5, Parliament, James Brown, Miles Davis, the Stooges, 60's R&B, and the Who to create their own very unique style of music. I have not stopped listening to this in two weeks! The lead singer's vocals, Lisa Kekaula, are out of this worlds and the music is as soulful and rockin' as it can get. They call their music "Maximum Rock & Soul" I think the name is perfect for their music. Anyway, check'em out. Their webpage says listening to their music is like getting a kick in the balls by James Brown! And I think it's true...lol (I would not know what the equivalent of that level of pain would be for a woman, so, sorry ladies). Check out crazy water it kicks soooo much ass!

THE BELLRAYS




No comments: