Thursday, May 14, 2009

PROGRESS

Well, I found that the spray adhesive isn't 100% effective with some of the CD cutouts I plan to use. Some of the edges, especially when the design rounds s concern, come unglued. In my estimation it has to do with the thickness and type of paper (cardboard?) used on CD inserts.

I will be unable to continue working on the CDs chair until I get the polyurethane. To seal and protect all the shit that I'm pasting on the chairs I am going to use several coats of polyurethane.

With that said I moved right on to the beer labels chair since beer labels are thinner and absorb the adhesive better. I made great progress yesterday in the span of a couple of hours.

I covered most of the top and finished one leg

beer labels chair

Beer labels chair from top view

I am very pleased with how the chairs are turning out. I should have all four finished in a couple of weeks.

4 comments:

nichelle said...

after months of neglect...we're supposed to just run in and read your blog?


ok- maybe i will, mister!

Javier Mejia said...

Yes! and you better like it and comment frequently... given that we rarely talk now a days.

SandinaJ said...

I think I would pass out drunk after doing this much. It's going to look awesome when you finish.

Daniel Christopher Berryhill said...

Awesome. The project seems to be coming along nicely!