Wednesday, May 27, 2009

EAST BEND, NC

Ask me to find East Bend, NC in a map today and I still wouldn't be able to find it. Regardless, that's where I spent last Saturday with Becky and the boys. Becky's annual family reunion and we had a great time. Food was incredible!!!

My Plate

Becky's plate

Her grandparents have an incredible place where they grow their own blueberries and a variety of other awesome plants and flowers.

Purple Iris

Rabbit Tobacco
My favorite was Rabbit Tobacco.

Among the highlights of the trip were the awesomely old-fashioned Model-T her family used deliver goods in the olden days.

Model-T

Model-T

The dilapidated, abandoned Plymouth which belonged to Becky's great-grandfather and which I wanted to bring home.

Plymouth

and the equally dilapidated and abandoned spooky house her grandmother grew up.

House

And trust me, it might not look spooky in the picture but it was! even in broad daylight!!

No comments: