Thursday, September 30, 2004

DUBLIA, OR WHATEVER HER FUCKING NAME IS

Everyday I have to be woken up by the girls usually earlier than I really want to. Then I have to change them, clean them, feed them (if there's food in the house), fix their hair (to the best of my very, very limited abilities) then I have to clean, change and do my hair (again, to the best of my very, very limited abilities). On top of that, I have to pick up Dublia (The babysitter, whose real name is not Dublia and she's told us several times what her name is but it just won't stick. But that's ok because she calls Larissa Melissa) and drive her to my mom's house. It used to not be that big of a problem cuz she used to live in the same complex we did, but since we moved now I have to go the opposite way of my my mom's house into Pineville to pick her up, then drive back into town to my mom's house in Charlotte. All this, on top of Tati's new spoiled level where she cries every morning for the entire process I described above, has created an extremely hectic, fast paced, stressful and unbearable morning routine. By the time I am done and ready to go to work I am emotionally and physiologically exhausted.

Anyway, today, I woke up (well, Tati woke me up) at about 8:30 am and Fabi woke up shortly after. I started getting them ready and decided that I would bathe at my mom's house to save time and things not be so hectic (Fabi tends to give me a hard time when I go in the bathroom to take a shower). Well, I was out of the house by 10 or so. When I get to my mom's I found out she's not there... she's, as per usual, out shopping. So after I waited for a little bit I decided to call her because I hadn't taken a shower or picked up Dublia and it was already almost 11. She told me she'll be there shortly. She ends up showing up about 10 after 11 and by the time I am done showering an changing it's already like 20 til noon.

I try to go to Dublia's and pick her up but by the time I get to Pineville is already like 10 til... Fuck it! I am going to work, I am not gonna be late again. So I go to work and I call her to let her know I won't get her til like 2:30 pm during my break to take her to my mom's.

At 2:30 I park in front of her apartment and she didn't show up. I left and she didn't work today. Here's why I rambled about this, should I pay her for the day because it was me who was unable to pick her up? I mean, she was ready at 11 as she should be. I was the one who couldn't make it. Or should I not pay her cuz she didn't work? Also taken into consideration that I did tell her I was going to pick her up at 2:30 pm and she was not there.

What should I do?



No comments: