Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Random update

Ok, so the dingo bat bite is still on my hand. The itching and the burning are gone but the bruise is still there. I tried going to the doctor twice but I missed my appointment on both instances cuz I forgot to take the directions to the doctor's office. Anyway, I think I will go again soon if the bruise doesn't go away.

On Thursday evening, Sharmeen (my sister in law) was taken to the hospital due to sever abdominal pain. She was hospitalized and the following day we found out she had some type of stomach infection. For the next day or so, they tried to pump the infection through her nose but eventually she had to undergo surgery. She's ok now, the surgery went well and she's recovering now. Ok, so, because of this Michael (who is 5 I think) and Jonathan (who is 3 I think) had to spend the night with us on Saturday night.

AAARRRGGGHHH!

That was my excrutiatingly painful cry of frustration


These kids are terrible! But what pissed me off the most was that at their fucking age THEY STILL WET THEIR FUCKING CLOTHES!!!!. They both pissed all over our new couch and stained our cushions with the piss. Then the following day they piss and ruin their clothes... TWICE! I have never, ever felt like spanking a child so bad like I did those two. They're fucking 3 and 5 years old for fuck's sake!!! Aside from that, it wasn't too bad. I mean, I think they're ok and they love to play. But damn... that shit was beyond frustrating and annoying.

On Sunday, Felicia, my mom, Ricky, my girls and Sharmeen's kids went to Mexican food festival called "El Festival del Tamal". Tamales are a typical Mexican dish that can be prepared a variety of ways depending on the state it comes from. Anyway, the festival itself was rather small, it was the first one ever. It was pretty lousy as far as organization goes. There was a huge problem with the judging and how it was handled. People thought it was rigged and many left upset at the organizers. Some of the tamales were freaking awesome. We voted for table "12" but they didn't win... hehe.

We also bumped into one of Serg's former co-workers who is a volunteer for the Latin American Coalition and was working one of the stands. The Latin American Coalition has a program, amongst many others of course, called "Pura Vida; Explora Tu Mundo". In this program, the coalition sets up trips to all parts of NC and SC in the form of field trips. I am assuming it is so the little construction workers/landscapers/dishwasher crowd can be a little more enlightened of where they currently live. During their last trip they went to the Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden in Belmont. On June 12, they organized another trip to The Grandfather Mountains. So far, myself, Felicia and the girls, My moms, Ricky and James are ready to go. The trip is only $25 which included a one year membership to the coalition events, breakfast, lunch, transportation and the entrance fee to the park. Sweet Deal!

Today I signed up for my company's softball team. I've never played softball in my life. My dad spent most of his adult life playing minor league softball in Mexico. He also started by playing for his company's softball team. I think it will something cool to do. Hopefully I will do well.

I guess that's it.

No comments: