Tuesday, July 20, 2004

THINGS SEEM TO BE LOOKING BETTER

Ok, my mom's birthday was last Friday and to celebrate we had a huge Mexican style cookout (fajitas, grilled chicken, charro beans, glazed onions, guacamole, etc.). My aunts were there and my uncle Eleazar was assigned to audit a Columbia plant from Texas this weekend and he drove to Charlotte for the cookout. Patricia and her family came (Serg's friends) and Ryan and Jessica came as well. All in all it was a good night. We ate, partied, drank and had a good time. I got soooo fucking drunk it wasn't even funny.... lol. My uncle left the following day and my aunts returned to Brownsville on Sunday.

Felicia got the CIGNA job!!!! that was a really nice and very welcomed surprise. She starts on August 2 and will be in training for 2 and a half months. Jessica works at the same place so thankfully she will know somebody going in. That's funny.... Ryan and I work together, our wives work together, we're both in interracial marriages, both of our wives have unorthodox religions and neither one of us is Christian. LOL.... that's tooooo close to comfort!

Hopefully this will be the dawn of a new stage in our lives. I am sooo fucking tired of being constantly broke, living from paycheck to paycheck and that not even being enough. Owing everywhere and only having the bare minimum of anything. I come from a third world fucking country and I didn't come here to live the same way I lived my childhood... and I will be damned if Fabi and Carrot live the same way (although we did have an Atari 2600 and that alone made up for the fact that we were broke when I was growing up... hehe). Felicia and I can't wait until we get out of debt so we can start enjoying our marriage, our daughters, our lives and our friends... We feel relieved and as things start to get better I know I will feel better about myself and my outlook towards life itself.

On Sunday I arrived about 30 minutes late to my softball game so I didn't get to play. It sucked too cuz I really wanted to play. Anyway, we played against HomeBanc. and we got our asses like we were T-ballers. ALl their guys looked like they played baseball or softball in college... even their girl players looked like they've been playing for a while. All their player had their team's Jersey, our team only three people were wearing one and the rest of us haven't received one. They were also wearing like baseball shoes, socks, guards and all types of other shit... we just had tennis shoes, shorts and gloves... LOL... it was like the poor team from the ghetto against the rich team from the hills. The final score was HomeBanc 15, Whistleblowers 5! The game lasted about an hour and 45 minutes and it has completely different rules. For example, if you get a foul ball it counts as two strikes and you have to tag before running bases or some shit. It was still fun to watch... I just wished I could have played too.

Last night I bought a copy of a movie called "Bravo". I only bought it cuz it stars Carlos Gallardo. In case you don't appreciate good cinema, that's the guy who played in El Mariachi. This movie apparently tries to cash in on El Mariachi's success but let me tell you my friend, IT SUCKS ASS!.



Anyway, the movie looks like a breed between a Mexican telenovela and a really cheesy Lorenzo Lamas type B movie. The movie takes place in Mexico yet every speaks, poorly and with the worst accent possible I might add, English. Even the president when he goes on national Mexican television to give his speech he speaks poor, heavily accentuated English. Anyway, I don't feel like writing a whole review of this crap.... so my advise to you is. DON'T WATCH IT!

Oh, and this is for no other reason but because I can't get enough of this picture.





No comments: