Friday, February 06, 2004

Yesterday was another hellish sleepless night with Fabianna. This time, even Felicia (who is a million times more patient than I) lost her cool. My mother, who babysits for us from like 7 pm until I get there at 9:30 pm or so, purposely did not allow her to get any sleep while she was with her. When I got there my mom was so beat and tired that I felt like shit. But at least, or so I thought, she would fall asleep early tonight since she has not take her little nap (she usually naps from 1 or 2 in the afternoon to 3 or so and from like 7:30 or 8 pm to 10:30 or so). Well, I get home with her and she is fucking wired. The girl is jumping and dancing and running and screaming and crying for no reason and just being spoiled. It got so bad we had to dump her in her crib and let her cry but you'd think somebody was sticking needles in her eyeballs the way that girl was screaming. After about 1/2 an hour of mind numbing, heart tearing screaming, we gave in and took her out. At about 2:30 exhaustion finally got her and she went to sleep... We need help... maybe ritual suicide would do the trick........................................

Today I started reminiscing about High School. Even though I went to two different high schools in my life, I always only see Edmonds-Woodway in Edmonds, Washington as the main high school. Mostly because that's where I became one of THE popular kids and had all my cool experiences. In Hanna which is in Brownsville, Texas, I was pretty much the loser kid who just got lost in the shuffle with either the punks and metalheads or the border crossers who barely spoke English. In Edmonds, I was the cute Mexican kid with the sexy accent... lol! Not to mention one of the most rebel and daring junkies in the Tri City area along with my three other droogs: Jason (a.ka. "Jay" or The letter "J"), Joe (J's twin brother) and Carlos (my younger cousin)... All four of us were the tightest of a larger group of friends. All four of us were the H n' R crew (which stood for Hit and Run). H n' R was a graffiti crew that the four of us formed because we didn't want anything to fuck up "our style" LOL! At that time, graffiti crews, break dance crews (in the Northwest Territory it made a comeback in the early and mid-90's) and lame ass gangs were all the rave there. Most of our friends were in one or more of the three groups I mentioned above. The rest of our friends, who from time to time would come bomb with us, were each heavier in other things than graffiti... for example, Justin (he was this crazy ghetto white boy) was really into singing and choir and drugs. Dung (pronounced "Yoon", and don't laugh cuz he's dead now. R.I.P.) was really into his Vietnamese street gang (they were bloods I think) and drugs. Marlon was hustling all the time and drugs. Keith was into girls (he was the mac dad of the crew... LOL) and drugs. Clay, Keith (the same Keith as above) Brock, Nathaniel and Tony were into their rap groups and drugs. Nathaniel and Tony's were called Prophets of Poetry or Profits of Poetry... I forget. Clay, Keith and Brock never got far enough to get a name but they would constantly freestyle and get together in Brock's basement to record. Those days were cool... drugs, chicks, music and friends... it was the shit in that basement. There were a bunch of little hoodrats that came and went through the years but none of them ever stayed after they fucked one of us or dated one of us and then the relationship failed. Man, those were some good as times... damn I'm getting old.

Anyway, that last rant down memory lane only led to me going into that Classmates.com page and look for my old friends. Turns out very few of my old droogs had registered for the service and the few who did, didn't have any contact info. So I started looking for their names on Google and Yahoo. None of them yielded results... So I started putting random names of friends, ex-girlfriends and people I knew or heard of in high school. The only one that gave me any results, ironically enough, was my first black, almost-girlfriend (lol) Danielle Gray. Me and Danielle never dated much less had sex, we both knew we liked each other but she was dating a little preppy, all star sports kid . I can't remember his name but they called him Carlton cuz he acted just like Carlton from the Fresh Prince of Bel Air. Anyway, at some point they broke up and that's when she finally decided to call me and invite me over her house... LOL. I was so excited the only thing I DIDN'T DO was to hit on her. After I left I was like, what a fucking dumbass I was... she was begging for me to make a move and I didn't... LOL. Later, I hooked up with Jessica, a girl I was drooling over from Spanish class and forgot all about Danielle. LOL... I'm such a dick sometimes. Jessica by the way and ironically enough as well, was the first white girl I ever dated... I did find a picture of Danielle online. She now goes or went to Western Washington University.



Anyway, I don't know why I posted all this information since you don't know any of the people I mentioned. Maybe I am going through a quarter life crisis... who knows? But it was nice to reminisce about all the people I knew at about one of the best times of my life. A lot of times I wish I can go back to Washington to visit all my old friends and see what they're up to. Carlos, my cousin still lives up there, maybe I should get his number someday from my uncle and call him up. Well, I guess that's all... here are the Friday Fives.

1. What's the most daring thing you've ever done?
HA! I don't think I can pick one... not to mention, I'm a married man now, some things are better left in the dark... LOL!!!!

2. What one thing would you like to try that your mother/friend/significant other would never approve of?
I don't know... I can't think of anything... a ménage a trois maybe?

3. On a scale of 1-10, what's your risk factor? (1=never take risks, 10=it's a lifestyle)
Currently???? shit... like 2. But back in the day, I don't think you would be able to measure it from 1-10

4. What's the best thing that's ever happened to you as a result of being bold/risky?
umm... sex in public (don't read that part Felicia... I didn't just say that, ok?)

5. ... and what's the worst?
I got my uncle's family evicted from an apartment complex cuz I graffitied the entire entry foyer of the complex. I still feel like shit for that one.

No comments: