Thursday, February 05, 2004

I filed my taxes early this year (mostly at Felicia's request) and I was bitch slapped with the awesome surprise that I got over $4500.00 back. I almost had an orgasm right there on the tax preparer's table when she told me...!!!! So. two days later we got our check and the first thing we did was wire some money to the U.S. Department of Education because they were threatening to garnish my wages if I didn't make a payment. Story goes like this... Since 1998 I have only paid like $500.00 of a student loan that ascends to about $1000.00. So, naturally, THEY WANT THEIR MONEY!. We also decided to pay rent two months in advance and Felicia's car payment two months in advance. So, thankfully we're set for now. Also, thanks to the money, I was able to go to Hot Topic and buy something for Ricky’s birthday. I got him several rubber bracelets, three wrist bands (one with the letter "R", one with a cool bobby pin and a metal star attached to it, and a black and gray checkerboard one), I also got him a punk looking watch with metal studs and my mom got him one of those HUGE flared pants that kids use now a days (I'm such an old man). Well, out of all the shit that we got him he only liked the watch and the wristband with the "R" in it. The least he could have done is PRETEND he liked the fucking things... LOL! But it's ok.. I mean, he's sixteen and this weekend we're either taking him to Kabuto's (He loves that place) or will let him throw a party at the house with his high school friends. That should let him enjoy himself. Not to mention, on his last birthday party, he went with me and Serg to Jillian's on South Boulevard and hung out with us and Serg's co-workers till 2 am! The kid was 15 and they let his ass stay... or maybe they just didn't see him. He wasn't drinking though, just hanging out. So, we do spoil him a lot and get him everything he wants cuz he's the "baby"... LOL. (If he finds out I called him baby he's gonna kick my ass.)

My Earthlink is messing up again. I am really starting to hate it... but then again, I cannot really direct my abhorrence towards Earthlink since the dreaded, malevolent, brobdingnagian conglomerate known as AOL/Time Warner and its coaxial diablerie are the ones providing the actual broadband service. Since it was installed in late 2003, it has never worked properly. The modem repeatedly resets itself and I constantly lose connection. In early December one of the HSD (high speed data) reps did something that fixed it until approximately last week. Last week I noticed the connection kept dropping again and although it will only drop for a few seconds, sometimes I lose all the data I am working with. Needless to say, this pisses the fuck out of me. Also, Earthlink comes with this nifty little "Total Access Toolbar" from which you can access your mailbox (which is very similar to that of Outlook Express), your FTP space, personal webpage, pop up blocker and parental controls and all other types of tools. Well, the damn thing is now taking up to 10 minutes to load and bring up my stuff... 10 freaking minutes on broadband.... WTF?!?!?. Trying to update the Janet pictures on the previous post took me my entire lunch hour and that's why I had to post them two days after it happened... Jeez! by then, it was old news!!!! LOL. I will call TWC tech support one of these days but they aggravate me so much with their lack of technical knowledge and their reps love to transfer you from one person to another until someone accidentally and conveniently drops your call.

I am fed up of work, it's a really easy job and it the lest stressful job I've ever had... but I'm not happy there. Something just doesn't feel right about it. I can't quite put my finger in it... but it kinda depressed me to be here. Just though I'd let you know that.

Felicia went to the doctor yesterday. She's two centimeters dilated which means she only has one more centimeter to go before Larissa is born. I can't wait. She has experienced a lot of pelvis pain lately and to tell you the truth I don't know if that's normal or a bad thing. She says it's nothing but I worry a lot about her. She refuses to stop working until the 10th of February and I just don't want her to hurt herself. I wish she'd stop working. But once something is embedded in her head, nobody will be able to change her mind. I was looking at the name Larissa yesterday, I already knew it was the 5th moon of plate and some Greek goddess daughter of Pelasgus and a bunch of other mythological crap I have never heard of. But one thing I also found out is that it means Cheerful in Russian. I had no idea, but I like the fact that stumbled upon that. The doctor told Felicia that Larissa might be bigger than Fabianna, but Fabianna is pure evil and mischief... lol. My baby is tremendous, my mom says she's almost as bad as I was, but I still take the crown. I am counting the days until Larissa gets here though... I can hardly wait.

Well, apparently, trying to search for someone else, several people in my office have stumbled upon my blog. Mostly because I have mentioned (in an awful way) that person. Nobody writes in it cuz they're afraid someone will find it and they will get in trouble. Weird.

Well, I have nothing else to write, except "I NEED A BEER!

Oh, one last thing... I don't proof read my shit because I spend all day proofreading my own report at work... I hit spellcheck and that's it. So, stop bitching about me proffreading my posts. Thank you, drive through.


No comments: