Friday, August 06, 2004

DOCTOR'S VISIT

So, anybody got lucky with Meet An Inmate yet??? LOL

Today I had the unique (as a father) experience of taking both The bean and the carrot to the pediatrician. Well, as per usual, the girls woke me up at the butt-crack of dawn (as Felicia would say). Well, it was actually 8:30 am but to me, that's the crack of dawn. Anyway, so as per usual we went through our morning struggle but this time I jumped in the shower while Fabianna was still half asleep which made things much easier. So we headed our way and we went through the motions. When we entered the waiting area Fabianna CRAPPED IN HER DAMNED DIAPERS!. I was so mad cuz now I had to haul them both outside and change her in the car under the damn blistering heat. Not to mention I still haven't mastered the art of "suppressing the gag" and I almost throw up everytime I change her. Which by the way,has become more often than I care to since Felicia started working... lol. Anyway, after I changed her we headed back in and some old ass teenager, ghetto ass, thug looking teenagers were all over the little toddler toys. At first I was like, ok.. common sense dictates that they will see Fabi trying to get to the toys and they will give at least one to her (since there was bout three or four toys there). Guess what? GHETTO ASS mother fucking westsiders didn't even care. Fabi stood there and stood and stared and they were playing with these things like they were made for them! Finally I got pissed and told them they toys were for the kids and took two from them. These motherfuckers had to be at least 14 or 15!!! DAMN I HATE GHETTO PEOPLE!

Anyway, later we came in the little room and everything was going fine. After while though Fabi started getting really fussy and Carrot followed suit. From then on, it was a pure living hell! LOL. Fortunately, their pediatrician, Dr. Grubbs, is the nicest most child-loving woman I've seen in a long ass time. This woman genuinely loves kids. So everything is fine, Fabi has 6 upper and 6 lower teeth. They have perfect height and weight and all. The Bean has been a little sick the past few days with a runny nose and a lot of phlegm. When Dr. Grubbs checked her heart she noticed a bit of rasping on her chest. She stated it might develop into Asthma and I almost shit my pants. She put her in this gas mask looking thing for a little while. Bear in mind that all this time they're both yelling, screaming, crying and wanting to get out of the room.. hehe. At first Fabi did good with the mask but after a few minutes she wanted to take it off and I wouldn't let her. This caused to start crying and yelling again... while at the same time, I was trying to deal with Larissa cuz I couldn't leave her unattended. Anyway, the whole ordeal was exhausting. The doctor said the ventilator/gas mask looking thing worked ok but she needed more medication. So we're gonna try the medication and see how that works out.

Then, the good part...

So, Fabianna had to receive two shots (I forget what they were for). The first one she looked and didn't even notice it. But the second one, as soon as the needle went in, she started screaming like a maniac!!! Carrot on the other hand had to get FOUR FUCKING SHOTS! I was like damn, sucks to be you Carrot. So she started wailing immediately after she received the first one. But like I said, Dr. Grubbs is great. Instead of, as I would have assumed any doctor would have, giving her to me she grabbed her and held her in her arms until Larissa stopped crying. I was amazed. I mean, that is freaking awesome! She's definitely in the right business. So after that, she just kinda reprimanded me because we still let the Bean suck on a bottle and we give her too much apple juice and not enough milk and water. So I wrote everything down and now I will take her advice. Our appointment was at 10 am and we ended up leaving at 11:33. Needless to say I was late to work cuz I still had to drop them off at my mom's. All in all, I had a good time and it was a great experience for me. This was the first time ever I took the girls to the doctor by myself and I get to do it all over again on Thursday!

All day today I've felt a sharp, shooting, needle like pain in the lower right hand side of my back. I don't know why but it's really worrying me because I've never felt that type of pain for long periods of time like today. I really want to go to the chiropractor but I have to wait a few more months until we can stabilize financially. Ok, this is long enough... bye



No comments: