Wednesday, June 23, 2004

The Whistleblowers???

So, I received an email from our manager of product development who is apparently also in charge of the company's softball team who I had signed up for. Well, since the original email to sing up for the team came out some time last month, we had heard nothing. The original e-mail claimed our first game would be held on June 27 and we were all like, DUDE! That's this weekend... half of us don't even have the jersey! Anyway, turns out our first game will not be held until July 11, so that's cool. The only thing that struck me as weird or silly was the name of our team

THE WHISTLEBLOWERS.


WHAT THE FUCK??

Well, I mean, in a way it does make sense. Our main product is called "AlertLine" which is a line where employees of many global companies report their workplace concerns. In other words, they snitch out their coworkers and supervisors if they are doing something that is illegal or not within the constraints of that company's policy. Hence, the line is referred to as a whistleblower line or whistleblower program... anybody lost? click on the link and find out what the hell I'm talking about. Anyway, I've always felt that whistleblower had a big of a negative connotation to it... don't you think? I mean, that's like calling your like sibling a "taddle"... you know? Like when that retarded little girl with the pigtails in the Brady Bunch would taddle the psychopath middle sister and then the gay dad and the lesbian mom would say it was wrong to to "taddle"... to me, whistleblower has that same retardedness to it... but hey, I am officially a WHISTLEBLOWER!!!
GOD, HAVE MERCY!!!!!



In other, unrelated news, I stumbled upon the best, time-wasting, mind-numbing little "game". It's not really a game since there is not winning or losing, I can't exactly explain what it is, but it soooooooo cool. It is called FLY GUY, check it out, you won't regret it.

And finally, the Wednesday Whatevers.


1. Do you wear your seatbelt?
Evertime, I feel uncomfortable if I don't

2. When do / did you graduate high school?
I graduated high school in 1993... I know I am old... shut up!

3. How often do you get mail?
Daily, mostly bills and junk mail.

No comments: