Friday, September 14, 2007

DOGFISH HEAD

I love beer. All kinds, flavors, brewing styles, etc. I just love beer. I want to brew my own beer here soon. I am a member of Charlotte's Creative Loafing Beer Club. It's totally awesome because you get tip off for all these great events that otherwise you'd never know about. Anyway, last night I went to a beer tasting party at Moosehead Tavern hosted by DogFish Head brewery and Brawley's Beverage. Very cool time was had by yours truly. Met a lot of fine folks and shared many a craft beer. It was great, towards the end I was formally invited to join the fabled Charlotte's Brewmasters Association to try and find a brewing buddy.

Anyway, the highlight of the night was pint after pint of fresh hopped brew from the Randalizer! If you don't know what a Randilizer is, it’s a great hoppy invention designed and created by DogFish Head Brewery for use with their hoppy beers. Basically it’s a filter system backwards... with hops! It’s like an instant dry hop. You run your beer thru dry hops before it gets to your glass. The results are amazing!! Some of the best stuff I've ever had. Here's the best part was the aroma of the fresh hops. I didn't know this but throughout the night I was told that hops and weed are someone related. The brew that came from the Randalizer smells just like really good, KB weed! It also tasted like it too! IT WAS FUCKIN' AWESOME! Silky, hoppy, cloudy... man, I am craving some right now.

I think I am going to make my own Randalizer at home. You can pretty much buy all the items in Office Depot. I am gonna make a diary of it here.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey there-

I came over to your blog to have a read around. You went to mine and commented about dyslexia.

I used to love to drink beer and tequila but, having hangovers kinda took the fun out of it for me...

I will be adding a comment on my blog about your comment on mine soon.