Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Un Nouveau commencement

Well, well, well......

I decided to start writing on my blog again. No reason just thought I'd continue. Felicia asked me if I was ever going to since it really is an account of my life. She told me it would be nice to look back 5, 10 years from now and read this shit.... I think she's right. So I might as well keep doing it just for the hell of it.

I guess it will be pointless to say that a lot has happened since my last post taking into consideration that it was in February! We have pretty much recovered financially, Felicia is no longer at CIGNA and as of right now, we plan to try to make it work with one paycheck and her helping her dad with his business. Since Felicia separated from her company we have had more money left over (even after we splurge or trivial things) than ever before. So it is pretty safe to say things have been going good lately.

Felicia and I took a trip to the mountains late in February. It was supposed to be a romantic getaway from work, life, the girls, family and everything else. Unfortunately, we were unable to find suitable childcare for the Bean so she ended up in the damn trip with us! lol. Despite that minor (well, large) setback, the trip was good. Thanks to Michelle and Alex from the Donkey Punchers we received a nice little discount on our cabin at Swiss Mountain Village. The two-bedroom cabin was awesome and bigger than my damned apartment. The towns (Boone and Blowing Rock) near there are very small and since we had Fabi with us, we were unable to see or do the main attractions. Also, throughout most of our stay we were in the middle of a huge snowstorm which pretty much limited out accessibility to...well, anywhere.... All in all though it was a good trip, we could have done without the storm and Fabi, but it was well worth it. Word of advice my friends, if you are ever in the area...AT ALL COST avoid a place called Tijuana Fat's. Trust me! If that's Mexican food, then I'm KAMPUCHEAN.

The girls are growing big and strong. Larissa has been walking for the past two months and can say some words here and there like "Thank you", "Fabi" and "Elmo" lol. Fabianna is huge and can formulate her own sentences in both English and Spanish now. The girls have been giving so many headaches and gray hairs but we wouldn't change it for the worlds. They are the smartest, cutest babies in the world!!!!!! lol. The good thing about having them so close in age is that they play and keep each other entertained.

You can view some of their pics here.

Recently, I have been helping my friend Jameka with her modeling gigs. She had a photograph appraise some of Felicia's random snapshots and they guy said Felicia would make a great model. HELL YEAH BITCHES! My baby kicks ass and is finer than the MO'FO! Anyway, Jameka also co-own a local Charlotte magazine called SOTAC (State Of The Arts and Culture). Last month she offered me to write an article for the magazine's next issue. I thought it was a great opportunity and I took it. The magazine comes out July 1 and is available throughout Clt. If you leave in the area you should pick it up, it's only a measly $3!!!


click above to join her Yahoo group


XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Well, that's it for now....


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha! i knew you couldn't stay away from blogging for long....and i really need to update mine, too. so much can happen in 24 hours. anyway, here's a link to see this really funny clip of michael jackson, prince and james brown....its from the 80s era but it is ALL CLASSIC and TOTALLY TRUE! you'll see what i mean...just copy and paste the link.
http://s44.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0J2U8GB4GJN5804C0VWFU4EI40
shout me a holler, man, Nichelle

Javier Mejia said...

SHUT UP! lol.

Yeah, although I only do it at work though.... cuz that's when I get bored enough to remember and type stuff.

I will check the link when I get home. I can't view video at work.